So when I woke up this morning I had no great expectations, I just wanted to get through the day without falling apart.
In the end it's been a pretty brilliant day.
- I've had paperwork from the divorce people at last. I just have to get an affidavit signed and then that's one step closer to my divorce coming through.
- Lovely Caroline's book arrived at work. I sent her pictures, and she has blogged them. (Yes I am pink, three flights of stairs I ran down to open the box they were in). I am up to page 275 and loving every second of it. Loving is a strange word to use about this book, but it works.
- My iPod has been spooky and played just the right songs at just the right moments.
- It rained a bit today, but whenever I've been outside it has been glorious sunshine.
- Lewis Hamiltwunt lost his appeal against his illegal overtake in Belgium.
I am aware that it may all go a little pear-shaped later on in the evening, and it certainly will in the wee small hours when my usual night-time routine kicks in (sleep for two hours, wake up after a nightmare, cry for a bit, fail to sleep until about 5am then get two more hours of sleep).
But at this time, and in this place, life is good.