Tuesday 3 February 2009

A Facebook note...

...on t'blog.

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

1. I wish snow would go away tidily. I like it when it's here and new and fresh, but when it's starting to go and has melted and refrozen then it's just very very slippy and annoying!

2. I have been meaning to take photographs of my walk to work for over a year now.

3. I did it this morning because the snow would make everything look pretty.

4. But I'm not going to upload them until tomorrow as this house is freezing so I'm going to bed early to keep warm.

5. I judge books by their covers. Only in the fact that if a book I love is available in a hideous cover for £5 or a lovely cover for £10 then I'll spend the extra and get the lovely one.

6. I still have all my birthday cards up because I can't bear to take them down yet.

7. I have hardly any feeling in my right hand at the moment because it's so bloody cold.

8. I really need to buy some fingerless gloves to type in. (The pair I had last year were normal gloves with the fingers hacked off and they unravelled).

9. I buy books the way some people buy clothes.

10. If I'm happy, I buy a book. If I'm sad, I buy a book. If I really really want to kill one of my co-workers...I buy a book and then read it at lunchtime with my iPod on so she can't natter at me.

11. I have issues with suppressed rage. (and one of my co-workers).

12. I spent a whole hour on Saturday choosing which audiobook I should download next from Audible. It was a tough decision!

13. I eventually decided on The Borrowers by Mary Norton. (and if you click to play the sample, you'll hear her talk about me).

14. I do love books that have a Kate in. You don't get many of them, they all tend to be Katie instead.

15. One of the best ones was a little girl called Mary Kate. (Mary is my middle name). She was a well behaved, neat and tidy little girl. My exact opposite!

16. I wish I could be tidier. I do try. I'm just not very good at picking up after myself.

17. I also remain terribly bad at washing up.

18. One day I shall have a dishwasher! (and be terribly bad about emptying it)

19. I follow the random article link on Wikipedia every day to see if I'll learn something fascinating.

20. Today I learnt about the King's Pawn Game.

21. I am terrible at chess.

22. I got a personalised Monopoly game for Christmas that includes Chance cards where Lewis Hamilton retires, the cats win an advertising contract and my letting agent finds me a "large, cheap house - with library".

23. I don't know how I'm going to cope in the future without a dedicated book room. Eep.

24. But I'd like to point out that I'm NOT going to throw loads of them out! (Would be no good anyway, see #9)

25. I'm now going to bed with a) the electric blanket turned up high, b) Easy Italian on my iPod, c) Stolen by Kelley Armstrong and d) dinner = burger and chips.

I have tagged you on the book of face. And no, I don't think tagging people who have already done it is cheating!

1 comment:

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

Where are these photos you speak of? I almost picked The Borrowers up from the library the other day before I read this post. Weird coincidence.

I wish I could be tidier as well. My house is in shambles until about 4pm when I decide I really must do something about it and pick things off the floor and actually wash the dishes.

Would love to hear about the fascinating things you learn on wikipedia!